Get to Know about Lathe machines
CNC lathes machines are the best alternative to controlling an industrial environment without having to move each tool manually with specialized labor. These programmed machines make it easier to manufacture a product with precision thereby saving both time and money for the business owner. These offer a better and more professional choice of cutting and symmetrical shaping as far as the delivering a modern product is required.
Why should a business avail CNC lathe machines?
Used CNC lathe machines provide the businesses with a large number of benefits besides manufacturing a product having utmost quality and precision. The Lathe machines provide the following advantages to the business owners:
- Fully Automated: The primary advantage of using a CNC lathe machine is that it is fully computer controlled via coding and the machine operator needs to only put in the dimensions of the product.
- Saves more money: Using a computer controlled CNC lathe machine is much more financially light on the businesses than availing a traditional lathe machine. It also helps in saving cost lost on hiring extra labor.
- Easy Multi-tasking: This CNC machine can be easily used in a variety of industries including power generation plants, defense, automotive .
- Increased speed and accuracy: Unlike facing risk while operating a physical machine, CNC machines being code-fed work with more accuracy and provide a product within fewer hours of work.
Application areas of lathe machines
Apart from providing a product with exact measurements and dimensions, lathe machines are used in a variety of various other areas and these include the following:
- Used for making holes of varying size in solid material including hard metal, wood
- Used for creating specialized designs, shapes
- Lathe machines are also used for fixing a screw thread inside a hole
- Other varied uses of CNC lathe include its applications in automobile, workshops, and paper and textile mills.
Different types of lathe
Depending upon the usage and requirement, lathe machines can be broadly categorized into the following:
- Center Lathe: Known as bench lathe, this is used for drilling a hole at each end of a product depending upon the requirement.
- Toolroom Lathe: Used as Toolroom machinery for providing better quality and precision to the product.
- Turret Lathe: Best used for the production of duplicate parts on a repeated timeline, this can perform multiple cutting with different cutters.
- Multispindle Lathe: This helps in executing multiple spindles with the help of screw machine lathe for higher efficiency.
- Gang-tool Lathe: A set of tools set in linear position to take care of each of the cutting cycles.
- CNC Lathe: The electronically superior and advanced lathe machine for ease of operation. This can be easily programmed for custom executions according to the requirement.
Besides the huge scope of its application and advantage it offers to the various industries, it is highly recommended to work on a used CNC lathe before purchasing a new machine so that the operator can clear all confusions regarding its usage.
Latest posts by Sania Baker (see all)
- Attend Online CME Programs to Meet Licensing & Special State Requirements - January 27, 2016
- Get to Know About Advantages of having Hand Siren - November 23, 2015
- Get to Know about Lathe machines - November 10, 2015