Top 5 toy trains in India which take you to a new world altogether
Yes, you cannot expect the train to halt in between stations. You don’t get a berth to sleep on or blankets to cover. This is no mainstream Indian Railway train carrying you to faraway destinations. Toy trains cover short distances amidst hills and mountains, transporting you to a new world altogether. Here are the top five toy trains in India and their mesmerizing routes.
- The Darjeeling-Himalayan Railway – a view of lush green, shimmering tea gardens: Darjeeling toy train is among the most longed routes of all nature lovers. The moment its diesel engine leaves out smoke and starts moving, your heart pumps in excitement. The hills, the freezing chill weather and the fragrance of the indigenous Darjeeling tea make you forget all your worries for a short while. If you go to Darjeeling and do not take a toy train ride, your trip would be just another ordinary getaway to the hills.
- Shimla-Kalka Himalayan Railway – a view of the Himalayas and the majestic gorges: Generally when people talk of the beauty of India, Shimla becomes a part of the conversation by default. And the best medium to lose yourself in the majestic beauty of this place is on the toy train from Kalka to Shimla. The train is neat and clean and takes you through a number of tunnels. Wind in your hair, music in your ears, beautiful Shimla to your eyes, sounds perfect.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway – A ride through the clouds! Taking a ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway is a once in a lifetime experience. It is worth a lot more than the price you pay for its ticket. For some trivia, it is the oldest operating train of the world. If you are heading to Ooty, this mode of transport can be the best choice. You will cross a lot of tunnels and the charm of Nilgiri Forest which will remain with you for a lifetime.
- The Neral-Matheran Railway – A peaceful ride amidst enchanting hills and red soil: Located close to Mumbai and Pune, Matheran makes for a good weekend getaway and Mumbaikars and Punekars. The train starts from Neral station and drops you at the heart of Matheran. The two hour toy train journey is simply worth it.
- The Kangra Toy Train – a ride through nature in all its glory: This is an oddly 180 km route to the town of Pathankot. The reason why it is not famous among tourists is because it offers no pre booking or does not have the AC classes, which the sophisticated prefer. If you board it on a weekday, there will hardly be any crowd. You get breathtaking views when the train starts its 10 hour long voyage. It crosses through several bridges, tunnels, streams and picturesque sceneries.
Latest posts by Aron Williams (see all)
- Understanding medical insurance policy and its benefits - October 12, 2015
- Top 5 toy trains in India which take you to a new world altogether - September 28, 2015
- 12 MOST POPULAR TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN SHARJAH - September 28, 2015