Digital publishing will redefine publishing for years to come!
All written words have a long journey to make from the moment they are thought of by the writer to the moment they are read. They need to be typed or printed first and then edited and then printed again in large amounts before they are sent for distribution. And so publishing a book has come to be a much greater task then actually writing the book. With all the improvements that technology has been bringing us it has also become possible for publishers to cut down on the time it used to take and be able to deliver books to its readers quicker. This is what digital publishing allows.
- Any form of text whether it is an entire book, a small article or even a little tidbit on paper can be saved as an electronic file and made available online. This file can then be accessed by anyone who is interested in it and can also be printed right away. The flexibility that digital technology provides can only be understood when we list out the differences between traditional publishing methods and digital publishing.
- There is a great reduction in costs. The older methods included costs for paper, printing and also distribution. But with digital publishing you can eliminate these costs and cut straight to the point which is to deliver books to eager customers.
- Before, a reader may have had to find a bookstore and look through the shop to find what they are looking for. In these events there was always a very high risk of not finding the item. Digital technology expands your options by allowing you to branch out beyond your locality and have access to books from everywhere around the world.
- When it comes to hard copies a regular reader will always find it difficult to keep track of all the books they own. The different shapes and sizes make it a near impossible task of organizing your collection. Digitally published books are usually in a pdf format and can be saved as a file on any computer or device. When you type in the name of the book your search will be able to find it in a matter of seconds.
- With all the big corporate trying to find greener alternatives to their daily practices it has become a necessity for each individual to do their part as well. A digitally published book requires no paper at all and is therefore an environmentally friendly option. The publisher is free to make as many copies as they want and distribute them.
- Readers who buy these books gain the privilege of being able to share what they read with others and also with them. The nature of these books is such that it can be opened on any device the reader so chooses. They are free to read it at one go or to read it in bits. And if something catches their eye they will also be able to share it with their loved ones.
The favors that digital publishing bestows upon the writers, readers and even the publishers are immeasurable. It has changed the way we value books!
Latest posts by Sheela Joby (see all)
- Ed-Tech Startups Play Drastic Roles to Improve the Competitive Examination Sector - September 16, 2016
- Cryptography - June 24, 2015
- Digital publishing will redefine publishing for years to come! - March 3, 2015