A Successful Retargeting Campaign Relies on Optimized Landing Pages
Marketers are aware that approximately 98% of visitors that arrive on their websites are not ready to buy. Leave aside converting, and take into account most of the time they’re not even ready to click on a button or to fill out a form. This is bad news, right? Not true, as it has been bad news until recently when retargeting was invented. According to statistics, retargeted ads cause a 726% boost in site visits only after a four-week campaign. In addition, a retargeting software like Retargeting.Biz can increase conversion rates by 147%. No wonder 70% of digital marketers reserve significant parts of their budgets for retargeting campaigns.
This marketing automation tool helps you keep your brand in front of your potential clients’ eyes, even after they have left your website and their shopping carts, by convincing them to reconsider your offer later on. A retargeting campaign should basically have two goals:
- To increase brand awareness
You can use a retargeting software to pursue the people who have insufficiently interacted with your online business in order to inform them about your products and other company announcements. An awareness campaign can be an excellent precursor of your conversion campaign.
- To boost conversion rate
If you want to benefit from an efficient retargeting campaign that increases your conversion rate, you should target your audience to help them recognize your brand. The next step is clicking on the ad, which will take the consumers back to your website and profit of your limited and unique offer. Just remember that in this process, it’s crucial to lead them to a relevant and useful landing page which will convince them to convert.
Retargeting ensures that most visitors who leave your website without taking any action, come back and buy something when the time is right for them. Although retargeting has become fairly successful nowadays, it still lacks an important ingredient: landing page optimization. No matter what your retargeting goal is, your ads and the landing pages they lead to must be optimized to help visitors re-connect with your brand.
Optimized landing pages will be correlated with the message in your ad, thus, all distractions from your offer disappear. This is the only way to convince your visitors to click on your call-to-action (CTA) button. When someone who’s been retargeted decides to return to your website, he wants to see exactly what he was promised, not the homepage which is cluttered with general information.
If you want to start a successful retargeting campaign, this is how your landing page should look like:
- It shouldn’t be cluttered.
- The message needs to be convincing, clear, and have a strong connection with your ad.
- It must include a Unique Value Proposition (UVP) that describes the advantages of your offer, what distinguishes your brand from the competitors and how you can fulfill your clients’ needs.
- The call-to-action button must be in a contrasting color and it has to be noticeable.
- The picture you display must be prominent and relevant.
- The forms used should be simple and short.
- Trust indicators should be included in the landing to make it credible.
Latest posts by Rares Banescu (see all)
- First, Second and Third Party Data in Retargeting Campaigns - December 1, 2016
- A Successful Retargeting Campaign Relies on Optimized Landing Pages - August 23, 2016
- Upgrade Your Retargeting! - June 24, 2016