5 Different Ways to Avoid Plagiarism in Essay Writing
Plagiarism or using the ideas or work of another person occurs often in essay writings. This is a serious offense that may lead to dishonor. This may also result in dismissal of job or expulsion from college. In academic writing, it is necessary that you don’t use the ideas of others without providing them the right credit. If you have pure motives, all that is needed is attention to details. Nowadays, most of the students have to pursue their education combine with work. So, it becomes difficult for them to find any time that involves in the academic writing activities. Essay writing homework given to help students understanding the lessons in a better way. It doesn’t matter whether you got someone, to help you on your essays or worked on it by yourself. There are a lot of websites that offer essay writing help online. Academic writing services like EssayHelp – writing services in Dubai offers plagiarism-free essays.
Read on to find out different ways to avoid plagiarism in academic writing, especially when you do not intend to mislead others about your job.
- Begin by putting your own ideas and concepts at the center. Try to write down your ideas into an outline or mind-map. Before you start searching for sources, getting down to the basics of citing sources or editing the text, ensure that your ideas are sound so that you can make it more of your own idea. It is important to understand that the external material around your ideas does not outshine your own ideas.
- Next, you should know how to paraphrase properly when taking info from other sources. You can get examples of paraphrasing from several writing textbooks. It would be easier to explain what paraphrasing is not than what it is. It is not utilizing your vocabulary to modify some keywords or splitting a 4-line quotation using your own words or rephrasing some sentences. If you want to paraphrase correctly, the best way is to read the quotation, close the article, think of the right way to summarize this quotation, and then write down without referring to the source.
- When you do a research for finding a topic for a thesis or paper, you will note down what you find. Ensure that you document the notes’ source thoroughly for later reference. You may not take down notes from the source materials you use, but ensure to note down full info on every resource you come upon. Later, you can decide whether or not to include these sources in the paper.
- Remember to cite the online sources correctly. Using the electronic and web resources is a curse as well as a blessing. The curse is that it urges the writers to just cut and paste information from the source material, but the blessing is that it puts all kinds of primary as well as secondary work right at the fingertip. The whole idea here is to cite the online sources correctly. These days, all citation styles like MLA and APA have precise guidelines to cite online sources.
- To make sure that you have followed the spirit of law, read your paper once again when you are done with. Check if the style and tone of your writing is consistent all through. While re-reading, if you discover that a few paragraphs here and there follow a different style or tone, a possible cause is that you have followed your source’s style. Rework on those passages and do not hesitate to provide credit for any used ideas.
These work habits can help you avoid plagiarism and come up with great essay that’d be loved by your friends, readers and your professors.