15 Tips That Are Worth Considering While Buying Health Insurance
When you opt for health insurance in India you have to be sure of availing the best medical treatment for free. All the medical expenses are covered under the policy and paid by your insurer within a short span of time. Even a cashless health policy settles all the medical bills directly without a need of making any payment from the policyholder’s pocket. Here are some useful points, which needs to be taken into account when you compare health insurance online:
- Check if your plan covers all the expenses incurred on medical tests, charges for medications, doctor fees, etc.
- There are many health insurance plans under which you are given the tax redemption under the sec 80 (D) of the income tax.
- It is also important to make sure that the expenses for X-rays, artificial limbs, cost of pacemaker, costs of drugs and medicines, chemotherapy, surgical appliances, oxygen cylinder and nursing expenses are covered.
- A policy with the dental and maternity coverage can be a good choice of policyholders.
- Make sure that the expenses of critical illness are covered under your policy.
- If your chosen policy offers some additional benefits, it will be a win-win situation for you.
- Some health insurance policies also allow you to extend or shorten the period of your coverage as per your need, so take this into account while finalizing your deal.
- Please don’t forget to check the premium payment options when you are going to purchase health coverage. If you are low on cash, it’s wise to consider buying cashless health plans which are quite popular among the policy seekers due to settling the medical bills directly to the insurer.
- Make sure that you have checked the list of the network hospitals so that you can avail the medical service at the time when you need it the most. Policies with a list of reputed hospitals can be a good choice. You can choose the plans that include a list of hospitals that are near to your home. This will help you to get admitted in an emergency situation.
- It is always advisable to select a health plan that offers minimum waiting period to the pre-existing diseases. In general, the waiting period varies from 1-4 years depending upon company to company.
- When you compare health insurance policies, it’s vital to keep your eyes on the discounts/offers available with the plans offered by insurance companies.
- Policies that cover all the family members should be your first choice.
- You should also check if your chosen policy has any hidden charges including higher capping on room rent.
- It is crucial to do all the research before taking your final call since the main purpose of choosing a policy is to provide you and your family with sense of security and peace of mind.
You are suggested to go with the plans that have maximum renewal age since they will cover you at the time when you need it the most.